ChrisTERiS

Male, 61yo

Thessaloniki, Greece

• Administrator
  • Threads
  • Follows
  • Followers

at 07/22/2017, 12:03pm

I'm happy to announce the release of whmcsBB ver.1.1.0 which includes bug fixes and improvements:
  1. Bug Fixes
    1. Wrong Links in Sidebar blocks
    2. Removed a forgoten from testing period ability to Rate your own Threads and to Follow, Block your own profile. Now you can't Rate your own Threads and/or Follow/Block your own profile.
    3. Removed from Guests the ability to Follow/Block a profile. This also have left behind from testing period.
    4. Fixed a bug in Rating (was appearing as Droplist instead Stars) if SEO URLs were turn On.
  2. Improvements
    1. Till now Forum/Thread visibility (depending on your usergroup permissions) was valid only for those who are Guests in your Forums but Clients in your site. Now any Guest can see forums and read threads depending on the permissions of Guest usergroup.
    2. Social links in user profile. Till now when a link was empty the icon appeared but disabled. Now the icon is hidden.
  3. New Features
    1. Added in General Settings the option to turn On/Off (default ON) Thread Ratings. Just keep in mind that if Ratings are OFF, the block Top Threads in Sidebar does not appears.
    2. Added in General Settings the option to turn On/Off Social links in user profiles. This is a global setting.
    3. Sorry but I need to reject a requested feature to add a similarar switcher to turn On/Off the use of Likes. There are many places that needs to be updated (templates but even php code), that it makes it impossible at least for this upgrade.
    4. Added a new Usegroup permission to "Allow Full HTML in editor".
    5. Added 2 new templates
      1. forum_editor_basic.tpl
      2. forum_editor_advanced.tpl
    6. You can now modify the above templates and configure the editor on the way that you want (eg activating Auto Save, Adding Media uploads etc). The advanced template is for those with usergoup permission "Allow Full HTML" active. Keep in mind that if this permission is set to NO, then, for security reasons, the text will be clean allowing only the most common html tags. The reason that I left available for editing, the basic template is for the case that you want to add features link Auto-Save.
To Upgrade, please follow the steps:
  1. Download ver. 1.1.0
  2. Upload ALL the files overwritting your old ones.
  3. Check again your General Settings
  4. Check Usegroup permissions.
Enjoy :)
Chris

webmaster

Male, 75yo

Philadelphia, USA

• Threads
  • Follows
  • Followers

at 07/28/2017, 22:30pm

Great progress and awesome updates - exciting stuff!! Hell yea!
  • Is the advanced editor being used for this community?
    • The autosaving is already available? Just has to be configured?
  • If a user is following a thread, or subscribed to a forum, is it possible to have option in settings or on profile page to make it so they receive email alert with update?
    • email alert could be simple customizable template
    • i didn't log into my account for many days, I come back, and only way I know I had alert was to check sidebar "Notifications" in Members Options Block but if I had received alert I would have visited again.
      • maybe make 2 boxes if you plan to integrate, one for "when you receive like" and another alert for "when user replies" "created thread" in subscribed forum
  • Will you make "Report User" hidden on user-own created threads / relies?
    • so for example, i just posted this new reply, but i see option to report my own thread
  • Is it easy to add "Latest Threads" block to the clientarea.php .tpl file in WHMCS theme?
  • How many more hours of development do you plan to invest on the whmcsBB module? Do you think it's already done? Is it just a matter of getting feedback and integrating changes now?
  • Is it easy to customize permalink structure?
  • does popup profile have to be used when clicking user name?

Download Attachment: 9dbab9f47ec7131004ed001d6cbfae5a.png

Edited by: webmaster at 07/28/2017, 22:33pm, Reason: testing photo attachment upload and want to see if preview image is available too

Thalhah

Male, 28yo

Malaysia

• Threads
  • Follows
  • Followers

at 08/02/2017, 03:54am

I love how you done the forum. I might get one soon.

Arta

Unspecified, 19yo

Dubai

• Threads
  • Follows
  • Followers

at 08/31/2017, 22:54pm

This is a great work. 
Are you any soon planning to update the forum plugin?
Do you have any plan to develop it further? 

Thank you